Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Take me to a place that I once knew




















**at As3ad Basha's home, al azem palace.

So I'm back from Syria. I didn't expect to have such a great time.
I feared and expected the worst. BUT.. I had so much fun!!
I just loved walking around sham (damascus).
Looking, observing,hearing, smelling, inhaling all that Syria had to offer.

I'll just post a few pictures I took. Yes, they were all taken by me ;)
oh and it was FREEZING there :/
enjoy!


A tribute to Salahadeen Al Ayoubi. I love this statue. Everytime I go to Syria I take the exact same picture. He is the man.



I love prayer beads. Everytime I pass a stall in the khans (souks, bazzars) I am always tempted to buy soo many beads. I love the vibrant colors.


The pastry/breads looked so delicious, I had to take a picture. The baker was happy I wanted to take a picture, he even posed for me. woosa.



Spices and herbs galore!!

Hamam Al Souk (the baths). I randomly came across this one
at the Khan As3ad Basha. When I showed my friends here they said
its famous, when anyone from the khaleej goes to Sham
they go to this hamam. okkkkkkkkkkkkk.

And More pictures to come INSHALLAH, im not done. I took a ton of pics.

9 Comments:

Blogger BuJ said...

Oh, lovely pics of SHAAAAAAM
I wanna go there, feel bad but I never been!
Yalla 3an 2areeb inshalla!

1:31 AM  
Blogger Shaykhspeara Sha'ira said...

you went to shaam and didn't tell me??? Uff what did I do to deserve such a stab lolll

Beautiful pics!! I am glad you had a good time :)

5:37 AM  
Blogger BuJ said...

hey, what's happened? you're very quiet on the blog front? do i hear a 3arees in the background? :)

11:52 AM  
Blogger MJ said...

buj... She wishes.

haha, actually she's too busy, even for that.

12:49 AM  
Blogger Arabized said...

Buj,
You should go!! Trust me :)

SS,
I thought you knew? Oh well, im sorry!! Im glad you and Buj like the pics, I have a ton more, but wasnt sure if i should post them, they are a lot better than the ones ive posted so far, i just posted a bunch of random pics.

Buj again,
as mj delicately stated, im not engaged :p

Ive been extremely busy!! :/
I always want to blog about the things im doing, but then shy off from doing it.

one thing i can say i did is that i got to meet Dr. Mohammad Younus (nobel peace prize winner) and then have the incredible chance to interview him for a tv station. I was the translator from arabic to english. :D

but if you want buj, you can throw in a dua'a or 2 for me, since you think im engaged, wont hurt to pray that i am. :p

3:42 PM  
Blogger BuJ said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

3:52 PM  
Blogger BuJ said...

and... do i have to wait till 2010 to get a reply/update on this blog? looool

11:09 AM  
Blogger MJ said...

Well, Buj, I'm trying to avoid that (for the time being...) but I'm thinking of writing a book about all the hilarious proposals (mostly from dotting mamas which makes it even worse, and just shows they don't know us) it would make an interesting soap opera. Sometimes it feels like they're buying sheep not getting married.

back to class.

1:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hiii,
i just dont know how to contact you, but first, i love your blog, second, i definitely lov the person you are.
Am zainab, 25, live in france (hate this country), and i've been to syria couple of times, n i LOVE this country... i wanna go n work in dubai..
i'd really be happy if you could send me an email, or if we could chat, u seem to be very funny n interestin person.
cheers.
zainab
email: nadjbakiri55@hotmail.com

2:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home