Friday, June 09, 2006

The talk of travel is in the air.

While most people search and browse through endless websites and magazines about travel destinations around the world, I always had one destination in mind:

HOME = AMERICA.

So for me, my mind is at ease. Right now I just want to go home so fast. I've been counting down since May 20th. Every night I cross out the day that has finished on my makeshift note card calendar. Two more days and I'm gone! Poof!!

Home is where the heart is. I can't wait to wake up to birds chirping in the morning and the fresh clean breeze coming through my window. The bright blue sky with big white clouds spread across it. The bright green grass and the magnolia tree in full blossom of its gorgeous (yet scentless) flowers. What a beautiful way to start a day!

I'm so homesick!

While I have these frequent day dreams where I am home, I am often zipped back into reality by people snapping their fingers or poking me.(ha ha) My friends are in a dilemma! Where should they go for the summer if they do not want to go to Europe, Africa, Middle East, North America and South America? The world seems small when you narrow it down to that degree!!

Singapore is actually pretty cool. Its not on my top places I must see, but its pretty interesting. Its actually a lot like Dubai, so I may skip on seeing it. If I have the time and money extra to spare, then I would definitely check it out, but I don’t see that happening anytime in the near future. Its so much like Dubai, that its kinda scary.

Anyways, if anyone has suggestions, pray tell!!

I then can be left alone to sit and day dream until the day I arrive home : )

11 Comments:

Blogger MJ said...

Deciding where to go for the summer is turning into a NIGHTMARE.

and guess what? They're now talking about the first place we suggested.

I should post about all the places we thought of and why not. A very long list, believe me.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Arabized said...

yes i believe it
heheh

:p
IM LEAVING ON SUNDAY NIGHT!

goood bye uae
im actually helping my brother pack all his stuff. We are listening to pearl jam. All the old songs my older siblings use to play when we were younger, so its attributed to our childhood. Like jeremy, daughter, etcccc

:/

*this is random but my brother has a lot of clothes, and i think its my fault because i bought them all
( well i didnt i used my parents mulla.)
and when i think of him studying in america all by himself, i feel like buying him more clothes :(

damn the maternal instincts.

2:35 PM  
Blogger 1234dsfs said...

Bon Voyage Arabized..

When you are back home, dont forget the football/soccer confusion...

I think I will be having myself sun baked here, Im not going anywhere :(

12:27 AM  
Blogger Arabized said...

haha thanks ahmed!

I don't think i will forget because my brother in law is a HUGE soccer fan. All of my nephews sports jerseys right now are only soccer players. He even has ronaldo's jersey s (for brazil).

..that will soon change once i buy him a michael vickk jersey (american football player).

i'll be blogging still, but on whats going on in the states....

3:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bey bey arabized,
i am so jealouse,im stiil doing exams, and its been over 5 years since my last vacay in the U.S,i miss new york sooooo much
hope u have a great trip inshallah

3:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you haven't been there already, you should definetely try Malaysia! Some of the ppl there may be weird, but the place is gorgeous.

I'll be in US in 4 days, iA! You're right, theres no place like home. Haha-too bad in our family we were all born in 4 different countries, so none of us will ever feel "at home" together. Oh well, nice blog. (Found it through Arsal's. And I will make sure not to shout out your name here like SOMEBODY did...haha). Gonna go through ur other posts now. Have a blast in US!

10:47 AM  
Blogger Shaykhspeara Sha'ira said...

Have a safe journey home Biz and that cake you were talking about... Sa7tein!

2:39 PM  
Blogger Arabized said...

thanks seher! I didnt realize you commented.

SO YOU SHOULD BE HOME RIGHT ABOUT NOW!

STATESIDE! WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!

man the weather where you are at should be really nice ;) im going up there ISA in about a month.

we should meet, send me the address and all that jazz to my email and we'll meet up and talk about camels :)

actually right about now im missing al ain and the freedoms i had there.my parents are going back to total LOCK DOWN.
crazy!!

11:33 PM  
Blogger Arabized said...

haha thanks ss! i havent had any yet!! next week inshalllllllllah.

11:35 PM  
Blogger BuJ said...

lol@total lockdown... so american.. reminds me with jack bauer.. 23+1!

hope ur having a nice time over there!

10:22 AM  
Blogger Arabized said...

you know buj, family is good, but in moderation.

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home