Friday, May 26, 2006

I don't know what to title this as,

  • This weekend some friends and I stopped at the MOE (mall of the emirates) and we noticed how few muthajeebeen (women who wear hijabs) there are! It was unsettling and weird to be a mall in an arab/muslim country and be felt as a minority. what the heck?! Maybe that food court was less populated. but we got a lot of stares (and the mocking demanor) and me glaring back at them.

-note: one thing to avoid, an angry arab woman, if she is glaring, then wipe that smirk off your face-

  • Is it hunting season? wait let me rephrase that MALE HUNTING SEASON?! I couldn't believe how the girls were acting over the weekend at these malls. Im not targeting any type of people, because i saw girls from all nationalities acting in the similar fashion. Is this the new trend here? Girls running after guys? Looking them up and down and giving guys winks and sleazy smiles -gags-. I remember a time when the girls would have that invisible 'FUCK OFF' written on the top of their foreheads. Now i see the guys with that same expression. haha.

  • Let me add: forums are so 1999, please stop using them. People get on with life, the internet wasn't discovered yesterday. Typical topic: When a girl wants a guy, he doesnt want her: but when a girl doesnt want a guy, he wants her. Thats so pathetic and lame. Move on people!

  • This weekend, I was scared shitless because of the jinn 'invasion'. Whats up with that? I know its there, but why the obsession and why do they harass people here? Can someone give me some kind of explanation? My family never talks about it. I have never had encounters with them before (hamduallah!!!!!). Its not a part of my life, but damn its huge here! I dont know where is it more scary: in Al ain (with the connection with oman) or in AJMAN?! Do people provoke them to enter their lives? its soo freakyyyyy.

  • I was in a mall today and i had to wash my hands before lunch so i went to the ladies room. My friend and I go inside and there was this lady wearing a very halter top that exposed a lot of skin and flesh that most people do not want to see. I didnt notice that she was looking me up and down and giving me looks until my friend pointed it out to me. When i noticed i gave her this look like 'EXCUSE ME? WHATCHA LOOKIN AT?, I hope you get burned like a roasted pig'.

Please god why do people dress like that in the mall? This place is crawling with families!

Also ITS BURNING OUTSIDE. ARE YOU INSANE? DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND YOU WILL GET SKIN CANCER YOU FREAKIN IDIOT?!

  • Let me rant about that also. Its hot outside. Really hot. For your own health, dont wear skimpy clothing, you'll get burned like never before. Also,dont pile on the makeup! You'll melt in this weather and its really gross when you see a girls foundation melting away. You can see the sweat trickling down their cheeks leaving a little trail. ewwwww.

  • LAST thing, what was a certain mall in dubai thinking having a belly dancer dancing in the middle of the mall on a FRIDAY after salat al juma'a?! ARE YOU RETARDED?! I just stepped out of a masjid, where the khutba was speaking about death and how the dead only want you to pray for them. I was in tears. After the khutba a man is pleading to the people of the community to help him because he is in dire need of help. Imagine leaving the masjid and going to the mall to just to pick up a few items and you see a belly dancer dancing, half naked on a stage for a very large crowd. that is crazy. Im sorry. Totally unacceptable.

but the highlight of this weekend was:

The drive from dubai to al ain with all the al ahli fans showing off their team spirit. It was awesome! 26 years?! mabrook and you deserved to win :) good game. lmao etisalat really tried with the marketing. haha. Throughout the whole game we were chanting

" people want to know,

people want to know,

who we are, who we are,

so we tell them, so we tell them,

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

areeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

the devilssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

YOU BEWARE!

:P

also, i'd like to make a shout out to my number one team AL AIN SPORTS CLUB! woooooot.

8 Comments:

Blogger Samawel said...

Glad I didn't go there over the weekend. Although getting stalked isn't new to me, it gets extremely pissing of.

I'd typically just laugh off the belly-dancing thing at the amusing blasphemy. (Considering I witness various blasphemies.)

I'll stick to big cities for the jinn issue, the seem to keep away from a densely-populated city.

12:34 AM  
Blogger Arabized said...

Leave the dancers to some sleazy club during the after hours at least.

It must be so hard to raise your kids here, I mean in the states, the last place my mom would ever find a belly dancer dancing (or other half dressed women dancing) is in a mall.

place the boundaries.

4:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

firstly id like to thank u and all the other 3nawees (al ain supporters) for cheering for the al ahli team. we couldn't have done it without u

on a more serious not whos the dirty S.O.B who came up with the idea of putting belly dancers in a mall, especially after aljuma prayers.

also whats with these girls, dressing like hookers just to get a guys attention. im all for girls looking there best, but there is a limit. personally one of the qualities i find attractive in a girl is confidence, just show people that u believe in urself and that u dont care what guys think.

5:46 AM  
Blogger MJ said...

The weekend was fun. Stupid exams though, insha'allah I will update my blog today!

9:37 AM  
Blogger Arabized said...

teenager 92,

of course we'd cheer you guys on!!
Al wahda had to go down, at least this once. I mean goodness, always winning!

It was great having you guys in al ain :) Wallah the drive back to al ain from dubai was soo much fun. My god, it was like all the uae nationals congregated in al ain for that game. 'COME ONE COME ALL'.

(im kidding)

about the hooker kids, man its sad watching them turn into an oversexed generation. holy crap.

anyways, thanks for passing by!Your comments are always welcome

12:34 PM  
Blogger Arabized said...

MJ!! HALA WALLAH!

AWESOME WEEKEND :)

aslan we are crazy to decide on having a mini vacation before finals, but it was sooooooo much fun!

no mobiles, no internet! hell yea :)

12:37 PM  
Blogger Mohammed UK said...

Good stuff. Lots to say - probably wil forget half of it.

Anyway:
- When you do the "burning eyes" thing from behind a full cover people (especially men) can't tell what you mean.

- if you see someone uncovered and risking sunburn/cancer, tell them!

- if you know about matches, please can you post on your blog a few dayys in advance? The Al Ain website does not have a good "future programme" calendar. I only discover the match after it happened!

- last thing to do after Jumma is go to a mall. In fact avoid malls on Fridays!

- more about the jinns...


Mohammed UK

12:06 PM  
Blogger Arabized said...

hey Mohammad,

-hmm the burning eyes, how do i explain it? I mean when i do it, people tend to freak out.

-Its logical to wear longsleeves and pants/skirts in these weather conditions.

-Inshallah when i know about the Al Ain Matchs I will post it!!!

-jinns.... they freak me out, i say its best to leave them alone and not talk about them.
hehe.

3:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home