Thursday, April 27, 2006

my summer listttt

summer vacation seems so far away right now. I'm dreaming of it right now, when this week is going to be one of the craziest weeks of the semester. I'm soo burned out. Its pure evil not giving us a spring break. anyways what i want to do this summer:

1-its all about exposure, i want to be exposed to art, literature and history. Im going to try to hit as many museums as possible.

2-I want to meet new intresting people.

3-I want to stay in downtown chicago and just experience this amazing city. CHI-TOWNEEE whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.

4-read as many books as possible.

5-spend time in the sun ;)

6-get a chance to paint. I haven't painted a single thing this academic year. I drew a lot, but i didnt paint anything.

7-my goal> go running every morning and workout often.

8-work on my tia-chi

9-take up kick boxing

10-spend as much time as possible with my adorable nephew, and teach him crazy words,phrases and songs.
i.e. b3eer
i.e. She's a witch! burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrn her. (hahahaah)
i.e. labak allah huma labak, the journey to allah that i wanna make.


poor kid, he's going to be quoting monty python the whole summer.

11-have discussions and debates about the latest book read, ibn arabi, and all that jazz.

12- eat at cheesecake factory as much as possible.

13-mock everyone i know that is on facebook. its so lame.

14-VOULNTEER

15- speak to the younger muslim kids about being strong and staying true to who they are.

16- attend as many workshops and conferences as possible. I have to learn as much as possible.

17- Celebrate July 4th to the fullest

18- have a mock thanksgiving (since i havent had one in 5 years :( )

19-rent movies like a psycho.

20- reading more quran, reconnecting myself with the muslim communities and just discussing islam with friends and family.


i cant wait!

9 Comments:

Blogger moryarti said...

a very ambitious list ;)

10:08 AM  
Blogger Arabized said...

yea, im a very ambitious person ;)

10:19 AM  
Blogger Samawel said...

hehe... I've been craving the thanksgiving turkey last night... last year's was my first thanksgiving meal--was good

1:12 AM  
Blogger Arabized said...

im like craving that turkey with stuffing and pumpkin pieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee with vanilla ice cream.

this is too cruel.

seriously.

mashed potatoes and gravy, dear god.

2:24 AM  
Blogger BuJ said...

interesting list.. quite long as well..

may u acheive it and more inshalla.. :)

when is mashkoor-giving? two american friends invited me for that last year and it was the yummiest! i went home so full i did not eat for 24 hrs afterwards!

3:07 AM  
Blogger Arabized said...

isn;t it the greatest?

its my favorite time of the year.

i miss it soo much. :/

12:19 PM  
Blogger Arabized said...

i make long lists so that i may achieve more. :P

i will probably complete that list. INSHALLAH that is.

3:30 PM  
Blogger BuJ said...

jood luck!
enjoy the summer while you can.. after graduation summer holidays will be a figment of your imagination.. unless that is u have younger siblings and they rub it in your face as with my case!

1:50 AM  
Blogger Arabized said...

no i think it will become a figment of my imagination since im one of the youngest, and the youngest isnt oh too young either :p

haha i will cherish it.

2:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home