Monday, April 10, 2006

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP ....
the annoying alarm of my phones goes off at 7:30 am for my 10:00 class. I open one sleepy eye and assume I placed the alarm on snooze. I go back into that blissful sleep, but in my head im debating wether or not to go to class. I can't remember how many absences I have, and how many I need before I get kicked out of that course with an F (from abscences). I suddenly jump out of bed and grab my phone. F!ck it's 9:30!!!!!!!! My body goes into shock from how cold my bedroom is and do a little dance as I run to brush my teeth. (My AC is placed on 11 C!!!)

I get dressed in record speed and manage to place my laptop in my bag and grab my keys. Now i'm running out the door and jumping into my car. My neighbor sees my departure and finds it amusing and waves at me. I meakly wave back as I reverse pyschotically and tear down the road. I realize that there are governmental buildings and police always around my residental neighborhood, i slow down and get on the main road to the university. Sadly, I live only 5 mins away from my campus, but by the time I park, go pass security and they check my ID and start walking to my class its already 10:00. Now im practically running to the Business College while holding on to my laptop bag. Girls are starring at me, its not everyday you see a student running to class. A girl from my 10:00 waves at me from a distance, so i slow down to talk to her.
I greet her and she asks me " Are you going to class?"
Me>"Of course, I have to go.. "
the girl>" You were running to get to class?"
Me> "uh..yea, why else would I actually run on campus?"
the girl> "Oh the professor didn;t show up, there is no class!"
Me> "What?! #@!$#@$#@#$$%#%$^%$^%$^$^%"
the girl> -mouth drops open-

I go and find my friends waiting for me at the nearest cafeteria, coffe and doughnuts are waiting. I open up my laptop and check my university email account, no email from the professor. I check again at 10:15, he sends an email saying, there will be no class today.

thanks.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey frogger
i know exactly how you felt.
yesterday i was really sick, but i had to go to that class. so i went and the teacher didn't show up and then u came late!
and guess what happened today!
I have only one class today. i didn't want to go cuz am still sick. but i had to go cuz i have many abscenses in that class.
so i went to the class
...
...
...
...
the teacher didn't show up!!!
and am waiting for you in the food court to drink coffee!!!

caramel dunkklatte??

11:27 PM  
Blogger BuJ said...

teacher is a twat and u need to calm the frappucino down!

mabiseer heik.
seek education ok, but do not run for it!

5:27 AM  
Blogger Sleepless In Muscat said...

Arabized:

you seriously put a smile on my face...

you have a great grasp on your writing skills...I was reading the incident you wrote about word by word until you cursed the professor which is when i laughed out loud..

thanks for making me laugh when i was depressed..

;o)

11:27 AM  
Blogger Arabized said...

hahah so za chicken speaks again.
sorry my reply is so late, i was at a place where internet was not to be found! jazaks again ya jajey for the caramel dunakalatteeeeeeee :)

bUj! i seek education willingly and they taunt me by making me run for it! :/ -sigh- one day they will be the ones running......

ali,
haha you are too kind. my personal motto is to make people laugh. Have fun! Take it easy. you know the saying "take a break, eat a cookie"?

inshallah i shall try to post more funny incidents, i just dont want to embarass myself further. (believe me i got a lot of hilarious incidents).
sorry if this doesn;t make much sense, im a little out of it.

1:37 AM  
Blogger MJ said...

>>i was at a place where internet was not to be found!<<

Who suggested Biz is sent to the desert?

Five more weeks.

2:05 AM  
Blogger Arabized said...

there should be no more talk of shipping me off to the desert!

4:30 AM  
Blogger MJ said...

The weekend was not exactly in the desert, she came back with FISH.

I can't imagine your mom expression when you came back home so tired "hey mom! This is fish." *Biz gives mom fish and goes to bed at 8:40*

5:40 AM  
Blogger Arabized said...

-cracks up laughing-

Imagine me doing that, and my mom has this puzzled look on her face and i just go to my room and go to sleep.

I haven't spoken to anyone in my house since then. I came home (after classes) and my mom made me sit down and have tea with her and eat freshly made kanafa. lmao.

I felt sooooooooooo syrian. (which is not a bad thing, but its kinda funny because we are also really american, who sits down with their mother and does that?im not 30 and has kids)
We gossiped and chatted away and she finally let me go to my room an hour later!!!!

(i should have videotaped it for MJ)

5:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home