Thursday, January 26, 2006

I'm sitting at a desk in a room that is dimly lite by the sun, unable to focus at the task before me.A simple proposal is awaiting, while my mind is wandering. The walls seem to be closing in. Too many thoughts are swarming in my head. Where do I stand on the issues that have been impacting my daily life? The crisis in the Middle East. The war in Iraq. The fate of Syria. The people have suffered enough, yet either way they will continue to suffer. Lebanon on the brink of civil war again. People in power dying, all around the same time. Hammas winning in the elections. Fate seems bleak. I'm in the midst of chaos.

The sun is setting. I hear the adhan, I shake away my thoughts and breathe.

All I can do is pray.


4 Comments:

Blogger MJ said...

I think when we are busy with every day life, we don't think much about the outside world because then we don't have time. It also helps in organizing our life, and gives the feeling that we are doing something with our life. (even if we are not, it's just good to THINK we are. :P)

Going back home tomorrow! Can't wait! I will just go and JUMP first thing. haha. :D

11:06 AM  
Blogger Arabized said...

yea but doesn't it just seem a little mind boggoling??

1:41 PM  
Blogger 3li said...

harsh,.,.,.But thats life isnt it?
its what we do during these trying times that make us who we are,.,.,

11:14 AM  
Blogger Arabized said...

what can we really do? I mean we sit back and watch, and protest inside our homes. The question is, living here in the middle east, what can we do?

Thats the thing, we can't really do anything about it. Its up to the people in those countries to stand up and demand their rights and to be heard. They don't need other people to do it for them.

But it breaks my heart everytime i see little children killed or wounded from all thats going on. Innocent people caught in the middle.

akhhhh all we can do is keep fast and pray.

2:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home