Sunday, December 11, 2005

I recently finished this book that many people have recommended to me. A few people were in favor of it, and a few people were against it. So I began reading the book unsure of the result.

I love The Alchemist !!!

I highly recommend this book. If anybody ever asks me about a must read book, this is it!
I completely and truly fell in love with this book. I was lent this book, but i'mgoing to go out and buy it. This is a book that must be in everyone's library. I have already began spreading the word. I told my dad, my sister, my brothers and brother in law about it.

The book claims that it changes people's lives, but it didn't necessarily change mine. It showed me another way of looking at things. In how, God is everywhere but you just have to open your eyes and see. He leaves you signs that leads you to your destiny. Ever person has a purpose in life and its up to you to fulfill it. One word comes to mind.

Maktoub!

6 Comments:

Blogger BuJ said...

aaah.. the Alchemist.. I'm half the way reading it (for the 2nd time).. it's such a simple to read book, yet has great depth and wisdom between it's words.

glad you're enjoying it!

11:52 PM  
Blogger MJ said...

>>and a few people were against it.<<

Guess you considered me on of these?

I'm not against the book, to me it was a simple short story and that's it. It didn't change my life or anything of the kind. I couldn't understand what was so special about it. He left his land, went to Africa, then came back and found a treasure? that is what it meant to me.

It never was on my must-read books.

Maybe because I was kind of young and didn't have to make any big desicions in my life then, my life was a book so clear and direct that I wrote few years before that. Maybe if I read it know, it will mean more to me.


I'm tired. My body is out of battery (energy).

1:49 AM  
Blogger Arabized said...

From the alchemist

>> There was a language in the world that everyone understood. It was the language of enthusiasm,of things accomplished with love and purpose, and as part of a search for something believed in and desired.<<

powerful.

3:58 AM  
Blogger BuJ said...

maktub

2:43 PM  
Blogger BuJ said...

ohhhh i just noticed that the picture just below the pic of the book cover is that of a b3eer

12:40 AM  
Blogger Arabized said...

haha yea its a pic of one of MJ'S b3eers.

dude, i've been seeing them everywhere lately. goodness.

4:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home